Besson-Meha New Generation

Discussion in 'Horns' started by talcito, Apr 29, 2005.

1. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    Has anyone played these horns?

It has a Najoon leadpipe. I hear a great deal about these lead pipes. How are these leadpipes beneficial?

2. Tulsaband

Tulsaband New Friend

Mar 31, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    The Najoom leadpipe tends to be a fairly tight leadpipe. In other words, if it is a .462 bore, it usually feels more like a .460 bore. One of the pros about the pipe is seems to have a fast, or easier response. We actually have a Meha available at the store that is used, I'm pretty sure it has the najoom pipe. I'll check for sure tomorrow.

Ceth Barnett
    Tulsa Band Instruments
    www.tulsaband.com
    (800) 564-1676

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I can't speak for the new ones, but back in 1997 when I was play testing horns prior to the purchase of my current Strad, I played a MEHA that was just astounding. Lightning response, focused, just a great playing trumpet. You might be wondering why I didn't purchase said horn. I didn't buy it because although it was a great player, it was also VERY bright. Having a bright sound is something that I have never had a problem with, and at the time, I wanted a trumpet that I could play in churches or in brass quintets. Little did I know that my gigging future would be in a Latin band and the horn would see very little church time.

That trumpet would have been perfect for the kind of playing that I do.

If the new ones are anything like the old ones, they are probably pretty good.

4. Tulsaband

Tulsaband New Friend

Mar 31, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    Well, looks like the Meha we have used does NOT have the Najoom pipe. The only Besson we have with the Najoom pipe in stock is a French Besson Classic .462 in silver with the A Bell...

Ceth Barnett
    Tulsa Band Instruments
    www.tulsaband.com
    (800) 564-1676