Besson Trumpet Help

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Saile, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    thanks a lot.

So you have a besson? Are they good?

2. Alasdair

Alasdair New Friend

Dec 21, 2010
    Lowther Hills, Scotland
    I've got a couple of vintage besson myself, and whilst the trumpet (Class A, New Creation, 50 MoH - the original listing I bought it from is here) I think I dated it to c. 1921-1931. Sadly it's with the tech at the moment, but I have high hopes for it having played a good number of similar instruments (our band is based around a core of these horns 8) )

I also picked up a flugel recently, a besson Class A Prototype, another vintage (c. 1944). It sounds great, even with the old beat-the-crap-out-of-mouthpiece I've got for it. The original listing's here.

Although I've not played a Besson as late as the one you're looking at, the earlier ones have produced a very good sound IMHO, and whilst it doesn't necessarily follow that later will be the same or better it might give some a clue if you can't find more specific experience.

3. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    well im sure it will be better than my asian horn and maybe even better than some of the other trumpets on the market.

From what i have read, besson brand is pretty good and the stratford one im considering getting is a good student trumpet - which is what i am, a 1 month playing student

4. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    i won this trumpet!!

Fantastic.

Now how do i clean it?