Best Foreign Language to Learn?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ColinWhite, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    To be honest Jappe, I'd rather make it around the corner than through :D

Europe made some muscle cars in the days of the groupB: Audi Quattro Sport (my favorite ever), Lancia Delta S4, Peugeot 205T16. These sure could take corners fast, tarmac snow or gravel. They were different than the concept of the American types and also not very affordable (they had to make 200 of them, so you can imagine).

2. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    I would suggest Italian, French, Spanish. I took German for four years in high school and it probably is really no harder to learn than the others, the weird word order can drive one up a wall, although I hear ther are plans to modernize the language by eliminating the obtuse way they construct their sentences.:-P

3. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    You want to hear a mangled language just go to Quebec in Canada. They speak an incomprehensible bastardized French called "Joual" which no one from other French-speaking countries can understand.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
  5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Actually, KT looks more like his Avatar.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  7. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Hassle David Hassellhoff? Are you kidding?

I would never hassle the Hoff ... He's been invaluable in advancing the ever changing English language. For example, you can now find the definition of "CHEESY" under his name in the Funk and Wagnall's latest edition of their ever popular dictionary, as a cross reference.

Frankly, I'm glad KT looks more like his Avatar than David Hassellhofff (sp?). I'll bet he has a more practical car, too.:dontknow:

Turtle

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uhmm yeah the KING rides around in a Jaguar (oh wait a minute that is only my dream car to go with my dream trumpet) -- the kingtrumpet drives around and OVER anything he wants with his massive 4 Wheel drive Jeep. Guzzling gas, and excess power to get the kingtrumpet to any venue he chooses ---now that is practical ---big, tough, JEEP -- for the KING of the trumpet. ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Btw, GGGRRRRRRRREAT Avatar, KT. I'm a big advocate of animal avatars and breakfast cereal.:thumbsup:

You have no idea how appropriate that is for you .... I mean, seriously, no idea.:roll:

Turtle

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    jaguar and jeep both made in ENGLISH speaking countries ---- and my dream trumpets (on another thread were inclusive of Schilke and MONETTE) -- so that is the answer to the post --- ENGLISH and FRENCH are the only 2 languages you need. ROFL ROFL ROFL