Best Music Moment in 2012

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Adrianbyrne, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Adrianbyrne

Adrianbyrne Pianissimo User

Aug 18, 2010
    Oakville, Ontario
    Hi Everyone

What was your best Music Moment in 2012.

2. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
    There were a bunch this last year, some of the outdoor festivals were really memorable, 90 deg, sunny, on a lake with boats pulled up to the edge, girls in swimsuits all over enjoying the music….. and there was a night with a big crowd with lots of musicians out there and the band was on freakin fire, man what a night, but number one had to be standing in front of a 30 piece orchestra and 9 piece rock band, playing through a 140,000 watt sound system and nailing the solo in the back half of Chicago’s “Beginnings” with about 4000 people in the crowd on their feet screeming, Makes ya smile for about 3 weeks…..actually smiling right now.. Can’t wait to do it again this January !!

3. trumpetdiva1

trumpetdiva1 Piano User

Jun 6, 2004
    Albuquerque
    As a comeback player (playing 4 ½ months), I only have had several moments, but they were both good. One was at Sam Ash in Manhattan when I was trying out trumpets and a subway musician let me know that I sound like Chris Botti (been working on my ballad sound). The second one was at church on Sunday in Manhattan when I performed with the organ and choir at church (with a majestic sound). Tomorrow I hope to have another good musical moment when I play at a holiday party at work.

I always have a good moment when playing, "My Funny Valentine."

Wishing you all good music moments.

Janell

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Holiday parade a few weeks ago --- (yes, a trumpet player I am first and formost) --- BUT my best moment was in a parade with the TROMBONE - after about a year practicing the thing, we had a very FAST set of songs in our Christmas parade, it was very cold (20 degrees or so, a 20 MPH North wind). The 1 other trombonist did well (a player for like 40 years), but his slide froze for a few minutes here and there. OLE KT to the rescue ----HEY, I don't know if it was being outdoors, the atmospheric pressure, the air, the adrenaline flowing through me -- because the crowd was going wild and yelling and clapping -- but MAN, the trombone sounded AWESOME (especially the few solo lines) when the other guy's horn froze up on occasion. DONT GET ME WRONG --- the mile and a half parade in cold weather was tough, and I was really sucking wind at the end (I'm a fat old guy) --- but probably my best musical moment of the year!!!!!!

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Finishing our last tune at our Little E's gig in Pittsburgh while playing BOTH my flugelhorn AND trumpet at the SAME TIME, only to look down after the last notes to find many many dollar bills thrown around my feet by a couple tables of listeners from the audience.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I would have thrown you a 5 spot, or maybe even a 10 --- ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    KT... You really gota make it down to Little E's this Saturday evening, December 22nd.... And bring a roll of those larger bills.... PS My doctor is coming to hear us (she has family in Pittsburgh). Love to introduce her to you... quit a looker she is... quit a looker. Might be your best music moment in 2012... just sayin.

8. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Mine is yet to come. I have an Olds Flugel and a Flip Oakes Standard flugel mouthpiece coming in in the next few days. I may be absent from TM for a while :D

9. Jfrancis

Jfrancis Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2008
    Hannibal, MO
    Just had it, we had a huge Christmas Concert at Beacon Hill with choir and orchestra. Awesome time.

10. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Finally playing Trumpeters Lullabye for my Dad ... he's 87