Best place to make these kinda of posts?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jazzy816, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Jazzy816

Jazzy816 Pianissimo User

Jun 5, 2013
    USA
    So a large portion of my posts and questions revolve around the musical theater world. I spend a lot of time debating what section to put this under on the forum since there really isn't a dedicated pit orchestra/Broadway/music theater spot. Please respond letting me know where these types of questions/ topics are best placed. Thank you!

2. Culbe

Culbe Forte User

Jul 25, 2014
    Normal
    That would probally fall under Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music. I am unsure as well.

3. Dviglis

Dviglis Mezzo Piano User

Mar 29, 2014
    VA
    LOL It's okay the admins aren't too much of stifflers over where you put your threads, as long as it can somehow fit in. Don't worry.

4. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    It depends on the question, and depth of experience you want for an answer.

General question would be the General Forum, but we are very lucky to have both Tony Kadleck and Wilmer Wise with their own site areas to direct questions. They are Under the "Artists In Residence" and Usually these guys do respond in a reasonable time frame, but they are not standing by the computer, they are working Pros on Broadway & NYC. Both are top of the tree, so worth waiting for their answers. Mr Wise is not too well, I believe, but he still visits regularly as does Mr. Kadleck.

Sometimes people will chime in on these, but nothing wrong in reminding members politely that you want an answer from the Pros... that's if it is a reasonable question you are asking about musical theatre.

Agree with above, the Mods will move it if it does not fit - but better to ask than stress where to put the question. BTW What is the question?

5. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
  6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    If you are looking for advice, Tony Kadlek is currently "Mr. Plugged In". If you are looking to share experiences, it fits here as well as in Tonys and Wilmers section.

I don't understand why this should take you more than 5 seconds of thought however. If a post does not belong in the "general" part of the forum, I move it with a link left here from 3 to 5 days. Delicate issues can be handled by PM.