Best Seats at Avery Fisher Hall

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by maelstrom, Oct 19, 2011.

1. maelstrom

maelstrom New Friend

Jun 25, 2009
    It seems to be Strauss ( Eine Alpensinfonie!) weekend at the NY Phil, and I am buying tickets. My last concert was to see Shosty 5 and I sat in row JJ and thought it was great. However, I am wondering what kind of seats you guys recommend? The choices are limited at this point ( though Student Rush allows me to get the same ticket that cost my $70 for $12... go figure), but should I aim for orchestra or one of the tiers? I.E would Orchestra LL be better than Third Tier BB?

Thank you very much!

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The best seats are on stage - and you get PAYED to sit in them........... ;-) Go figure.

3. maelstrom

maelstrom New Friend

Jun 25, 2009
    I guess I'll have to start working on my Phil Smith mask then ;)

But I guess 'Best seats' was a bad way to phrase it haha. However, I ended up getting the third tier seats. Most comments said that almost anywhere is a good seat, with mid-orchestra being the best, but that was sold out and I think having a nice view of the orchestra in action would really add to the experience.

Hopefully the trumpets have been working on their chops, I expect no less than this Manny Laureano Clip 2 - YouTube :p