Best Snowblower

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by brian moon, Nov 20, 2005.

1. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

It's too much work with my little 18 inch Toro. Are there any 2 stage snowblowers close to being as good as the comparable size Toros?

2. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    :lol: what,s a snow blower?
    I think i heard something about those :think:

3. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Remember you said that I was so cool, if you weren't you, you'd wanna be me? LOL that goes 2 ways ROFL You crack me up man. You make it to Vegas yet?

4. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    I went from a little 2 cycle Toro to a two stage 4 cycle 5 horse off brand, man does that baby throw snow. I believe most of those out there are probably made by the same company and different people put there name on them. I know a terrible joke about snow blowers but that shall remain not said. Clarence - I wish I knew nothing about snow blowers [you lucky dawg]. Dave :-(

5. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Dave do you have a Yard machines, MTD?..... ?

At this point I wish that I didn't know what a rake and leaf bag were. I can buy a machine for the snow. My neighbors were having their leaves picked up by someone. I saw a tractor and 2 other machines but the guy was still bending over and stuffing them in bags. If I lived 2 blocks east I could rake them in to the street and the city would have them picked up. I hate trees. :x

6. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    What's a snow blower?...Hell, what's snow????

It was 80 degrees here yesterday

7. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    I bought a new 8 horse Toro a month ago.........Pretty fancy. It has a headlight and a joystick for aiming the discharge chute.

I did not want to bother with an off-brand, but what I did notice is that most of the snowblowers I looked at have Tecumseh engines, which are one of the 2 best in the industry (the other being Briggs & Stratton)

Some of the other brands had less solid chassis too.

Now it had darn well better snow!

:evil:

8. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Brian - SnowKing is the brand I have [ I hope I'm right ]. it has a tec. engine and starts usually by the second pull. it also has an electric start if you plug in a cord for the starter. one thing that I've learned over the years is NOT to put stabile in my gas tank when storing lawnmowers, ect. it tends to ruin the seals in the carb. Just shut off the gas and let the engine run dry when putting it up for the season. Don't want to start a hate discussion here but it works for me and most of my friends around here. The SnowKing looks just like an MTD - Murray. have fun looking, check the used ones bought mine half priced and used only twice. Dave

9. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    The best kind? FREE! (My father just bought a new one and brought me his MTD!) Now all we need is some of that white stuff...

10. ALLCHOPS

ALLCHOPS Piano User

Nov 14, 2003
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    Blower

4 Wheel Drive Cub Cadet Walk Behind

www.cubcadet.com

Laughs at snow and pulss me up hills!

Tony G