Better playing all of a sudden - What's the reason??

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rviser, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    This thread has gotten totally out of control. Suggestion, everyone cut their losses, shake hands and go back to their corners before some gets a busted lip and then you will not be blowing any notes, high or low, for awhile.

2. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    I'm thinking what we need here is a bunny with a pancake on his head....

[​IMG]

3. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    Or two pancakes

[​IMG]

4. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    People are getting too mad with each other

Rviser please remember the purpose of this site is for people to not only post hint and advise but to post their personal feelings and opinions also. We are only here to help aid people on their journey to trumpet excellence. Better to love then hate.

Rowuk I kinda have something to say. You have amazing advise, with I use everyday. But I do have to say, sometimes the way you word your responses are kinda like you are the best and everyone should follow you. You don't always respond in the kindest way. So I can see the possiblity of someone's ego getting affected by your responses.

Like I said it's better to love than hate.

5. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    nordlandstrompet...

Actually from what I can see, there are eight (8) pancakes. (my students have problems with an eight count also..just joking) However, I would like to hear the "trumpet player" on the right blow a tune. From what I can see, she has a nice set of chops!

6. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    This thread has been enlightening.

I'm glad the original poster broke through another plateau!!

Looking forward to hearing some clips of his music...

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I need to apologize, not for what I meant, but how it was delivered.

ANY time squeaky high notes, a lack of the mention of music, hardware instead of software or simply the myth of something for nothing (or almost nothing) comes up, I take a stand. That stand is usually not complementary when more than one of those "issues" end up in one post.

It is not right for me to insinuate that someone is amusical, even if I find no evidence in the post. It is also not right of me to try and force "old school" values of hard work on anybody.

RVISER, even although I personally stand behind every word that I type here, I apologize to you for unfair treatment.

That being said, please set the story straight and let us know how much you practice to earn what you have, how you have developed your skills and where you intend to go musically. That is the meat that can help other players with similar goals.

Thank you!

Robin

8. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    Hi rviser, I'm glad your happy with your playing, it could be a combination of warmup and backbore, the 4 backbore is brighter and more focused than the Q and I think projects better which makes being heard easier while still holding back, I always use a slow long warmup a couple of hours before a gig ,so when I get there it only takes me a few minutes and I'm ready to go.

9. Snorglorf

Snorglorf Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    I think the real badass here is rowuk.

Congratulations on the high notes!

I hope you played well also

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    [​IMG]

Thread Status: