Beware Of Robert Rowe

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dmc123, Dec 5, 2012.

1. dmc123

dmc123 Pianissimo User

Sep 7, 2011
    Somewhere
    a

2. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Mr. Rowe is starting get too many of these types of posts. Hopefully he see's the error of his ways and makes things right before he gets a reputation.

3. dmc123

dmc123 Pianissimo User

Sep 7, 2011
    Somewhere
    [quote

4. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It is good to know this, dmc123, but certainly disappointing.

5. watchguy44

watchguy44 Pianissimo User

Jul 10, 2010
    Illinois
    That's the one thing ebay warns against, making deals outside of ebay's site.
    Shame that this jerk took you, and thanks for
    the warning.:cool:
    I do understand going with the ratings for ROB ROWE, and I probably would have made a deal like that too.

6. dorkdog

dorkdog Pianissimo User

Oct 14, 2012
    Pencil-Tucky
    Do you have evidence to suggest he knew what he had? I know nothing about this, so maybe I'm way off base, but is this a question of an attic find or something where someone's selling an old trumpet? Or was it clear that the seller knows brass and trumpets?
    Was it listed 'as is' with no refund?
    I had to honor a refund on a guitar once because the pickups had been replaced. This was a stratocaster made in the 70s and it sold at a premium price, to a collector who, upon receipt, took the guitar apart to find everything was not original. I had no idea and despite having listed it as 'returns not accepted' I did refund the guy's money.

Without digressing from the topic too much, there is a 'seller beware' aspect to this as well. If you don't know the product you're selling you might be ripping someone (or maybe even yourself) off.

7. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    Robert's been posting to these forums for a long time and says he's going to write a book on the Committee model. He knew exactly what he had.

Tom

8. dorkdog

dorkdog Pianissimo User

Oct 14, 2012
    Pencil-Tucky
    I stand corrected!

It's one thing to circle in like a comet and fleece someone but to be part of a community?

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Looks like he was trying to "Polish a Turd"! No excuse if he knew! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

10. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    I'll agree that there is no excuse for what he did and he should make it right. I was going to post this reply on a different, recent thread but I don't want to clog that thread with even more bickering.

Now, it is appreciated that you gave us fair warning, dmc123, however putting his for sale ads on blast is far from the mature thing to do. Would you run into restaurants that gave you bad service screaming "don't eat here, this place sucks, it is awful and they are terrible people?" I think not. At this point, you are just beating a dead horse. Actively seeking out to ruin someone's reputation is downright childish. Remember this is a forum, seen not only by the members, but anyone searching trumpet related ideas. I may be wrong, but it is NOT a soapbox for anyone that gets ripped off.