Beware Of Robert Rowe

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dmc123, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    I really wish that R2 would answer to what he has been accused of. he is a very knowledgeable and has been a go to guy about many of the older horns. I don't have a dog in this fight but would really like to hear both sides. wish it wasn't posted here in this forum because I like both posters.

2. dmc123

dmc123 Pianissimo User

Sep 7, 2011
    Somewhere
    Yes

3. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    He is on TH more than he is on here. Try there.

4. dmc123

dmc123 Pianissimo User

Sep 7, 2011
    Somewhere
    If

5. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    We'll have to agree to disagree.

Oh, and full disclosure: I did read all of this thread. I understand that there's another thread floating around which is undoubtedly bulging with drama, but I don't intend to spend most of my day reading through threads that don't really interest me.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    What I always find fascinating is that a complaint comes up and a lot of people just pile on. I mean how many in thread have EVER had anything to do with Robert? Why can't we be just interested in the outcome without passing judgement when we don't have first hand information.

I don't spend 24x7 here and there are times in a trumpet players life when we can do without Trumpetmaster for an extended stretch of time.

My advice to all of you without a personal stake is to be interested and aware instead of piling on to something that you only have assumptions about.

Ebay is NOT the most reliable place to buy anything, still there are certain systems set up to provide minimum protection. Why anyone would reduce their own safety could be an even MORE important facet of this thread.

SO, before any of you pass judgement, claim fraud or anything else, think about America - innocent until PROVEN guilty. We have NO RECORD of any communication before, during or after the transaction only one guys (late) claim.

I will go further than the thread owner on one point however:

It is just plain IGNORANT to buy from ebay based on blind faith. Beware of ANYTHING that you don't play before you pay. If we get more piling on, I will shut the thread down (no censureship, but enough has been speculated on).

My definition of IGNORant is: choosing to IGNORE common sense, established advice, secure methods of dealing with a situation. I got a PM that assumed that ignorant was rude and the same as "STUPID"(not capable of making a qualified decision). The two are not mutually exclusive but I NEVER use one instead of the other.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    DaTrump likes this.
  7. dmc123

dmc123 Pianissimo User

Sep 7, 2011
    Somewhere
    hi

8. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    It was private until you mentioned it......... I get PMs from all sorts. I do not copy-paste PMs, however, if I make a mistake or am not clear, I reserve the ability to reuse things.

A PM brought the possibility of misunderstanding IGNOR-ant. I thought that it was worth clearing up and keeping the context of my ability to react to criticism.

9. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Well, I do know that Robert Rowe has had good relationships with OLDLOU and Claude Gnocchi (sp) both in trading and buying horns , for years. He definitely has been more of a contributor to TH lately. He was absent from the action for quite a while for reasons I am not privy to.

10. dr-pepp

dr-pepp Pianissimo User

Jan 26, 2005
    Austin TX
    Don't know any specifics of the transaction in question. I have had a dozen or so very good business transactions with Mr. Rowe over the past 10 or so years. A few via ebay, but others that were private transactions. All went smoothly and I'd not hesitate to purchase something from him using his description of an item if I was interested in it.