Beware Of Robert Rowe

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dmc123, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Yes, and in one of my earlier comments I said that we have heard only one side of the story. Passing judgement before the accused has told his side is unfair, but extended silence on his part doesn't look good, either. I have little interest in this conflict other than as a bystander, though, sort of like watching a TV show I can turn off when I find something better to do.

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Silence by the Defendant seems nearly equated to "No Contest" to the charges against them IMO. Stiil, a Judge in such circumstance will generally enter into record an innocence plea and still require the Complainant-Plaintiff or Prosecution to have the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. What in this instance has been written, IMO has not fulfilled the "burden of proof" beyond a reasonable doubt. Look out for a civil cross-complaint of defamation of character!

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    On the subject of Robert Rowe
    There once was a man named Robert Rowe,
    who was prone to sell and was quite the pro.

He had many sales and had a good business,
    but the poor comments have now made a big mess.

His actions were probed and prodded and stuck on a skewer,
    but the proofs and claims would come fewer and fewer.

See how he's chided, but it seems so one-sided.
    He could speak up for himself but he seems to have hided.

The words that we say the typing we type,
    can make a man lose all his work and his hype

I sure stink at poetry but I hope that you see,
    it's a pretty bad spot for old Robert to be.

JRgroove likes this.
  4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Actually, it is not a "bad" spot for Robert. I mean think about it. Maybe someone here that wants a horn that he has for sale will ASK QUESTIONS FIRST and choose a SECURE METHOD OF PAYMENT to minimize risk. I only know of one person here that will never buy anything from him. If he entered the discussion, what difference would it make? I think the thread will die, or I will close it if it gets stupid - then it just disappears like tons of other threads. So when looking at the bigger picture, this thread is a FART in the wind unless a court case is lost. That seems to be unlikely.

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Talk bad about me, talk good about me, but what ever you do, TALK ABOUT ME! First rule of marketing. Very nice poem by the way! Your skills have been honed being the G-man's editor.

6. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Well, thus it must be so, then. It is not a bad spot for Mr Rowe. You must keep in mind I was looking for cadence, looking for rhyme, not necessarily proven fact.......;-)

7. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    I might be a bit quick to judge, having been bit by scams before (but in both of my cases, protected under eBay's purchase protection rules). However, I'd be most pleased to be able to apologize to him directly once he either fixes the problem or sufficiently explains his case.

8. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    I think the point is that I, and most of us, wouldn't buy a horn on Ebay without trying it- unless we personally knew the seller...Or at least I wouldn't. But it sucks to be ripped off. BTW: I too am wondering why Mr. Rowe hasn't posted...If I was being ragged on the internet through an entire community, and I didn't do anything wrong, I'd be all over it!

9. dmc123

dmc123 Pianissimo User

Sep 7, 2011
    Somewhere
    Here

10. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    What I take from this is that one should not make a deal outside of e-Bay for a horn advertised on e-Bay. As I recall, E-Bay advises against that. Live and learn...