Beware Of Robert Rowe

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dmc123, Dec 5, 2012.

1. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Forget cleaning the brushes and use them as they are to paint a nice portrait of Mr. Rowe as he should look after all this obloquy and years of not eating meat.

2. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    You would be very surprised how much of a cleaning freak I am when it comes to brushes...even while I am painting- I just may be a slight bit on the "ACD" side of normal........

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Big Dub, I haven't yet noticed in any of your paintings where there is a need for you to use Kolinsky mink sable water color brushes (W&N Series 7). That said, my method to clean most natural hair (even bristle) acrylic brushes is to use a human hair shampoo and if stubborn to pre- soak in 90% isopropyl alcohol then shampoo and rinse. With many of my brushes I've small hooks placed in the handle end to suspend on a line to dry. Even using vases, I've found the brush segment bends.

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Sounds like some good advice, Ed. I don't use any sable brushes as a rule, but in fact I will use about anything that will deposit the paint on the canvas! I just like to keep them clean while I'm in the process, so as not to muddy the colors.

It strikes me as funny how far off track this thread has gotten, although this just as useful as the topic originally intended, seeing as how long ago it began!

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Mr. Rowe is a colourful character! does that help? :roll: I actually can't find him on e-Bay under either name. He's gone or "undercover". Maybe we can canvas the membership to find out his new identity!

6. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Well, let me say, I have no axe to grind here, no row to hoe, no dog in the fight, no clown in the circus. But, I did hear there were some rumors floating around, and someone spotted them while rowing his boat near Springfield, sorry, I don't know which state......

7. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    "ACD?" "Ain't Colorin' Dirty?"

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No more like: Acrylic Compulsive Disorder.

9. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I'm perfectly normal, I say, it's everyone else that don't seem to care if something lines up perfectly, or hangs level on the wall, or don't care if a line is straight or their paintbrushes are clean.
    It's just a coincidence that I break into a sweat when I see one of these things happen.
    That's all I'm saying.