Beware of Zachary music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by roltrumpet, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    Everything on that site makes me laugh.

2. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    His problem is that his attitude and his web page are so ridiculous that serious players (who are willing to buy custom horns) would NEVER buy anything from him. I wouldn't buy a Monette for 100 bucks from that guy.

Shoot, I wouldn't let him wash my car, much less sell me a trumpet.

3. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    I would..:roll:

4. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    If you do, make sure it's spelled with two t's.

5. jengstrom

jengstrom Pianissimo User

Oct 17, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    I may be wrong, but look at the specs and pictures of both the Zeus Guarnerius and the Kanstul 1537. Except for a 3rd valve waterkey on the Zeus, I think they're the same horn. If that's the case, anyone considering a guarnerius might want to think about getting the Kanstul instead. There are dealers galore all over the country and Kanstul has a reputation for excellent service.

Also, if the Guarnerius is really a Kanstul 1537, other Zeus models might be clones of other Kanstuls (or another brand's model).

I can't stand doing business with people who act like they're doing me a favor by taking my money.

-John

6. seilogramp

seilogramp Piano User

Nov 23, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Right on! :thumbsup:

7. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    "You may have been conditioned otherwise but my opinion has always been that a great design is a great design and good for every player. I actually find it insulting when anyone is skeptical and wants to try it first. "

I guess he guys his vehicles without a test drive.

8. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    I particularly like this line from Zachary's DO NOT CLEAN webpage: "Go to a Chinese restaurant and steel a chopstick. Preferably a wooden one."

Turning wood into steel? :dontknow:

Why not just "steel" one out of his shop? A business is in business to prevent or solve problems, not create them with rotten attitudes.

Caveat Emptor

9. abtrumpet

abtrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2009
    Getting it from a chinese restaurant!? If you don't buy it straight from the dealer then there will be no business in the future!

ROFL

10. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    John,

I would agree with you and would go with Kanstul.

Why buy a clone (zUES) of Kanstul in the first place?

Why put up with Mr. Zachary's "style of salesmanship?"

One wonders how nasty he is "after the sale?" Anyone know his "after sale" support is provided for his ZueS instruments? Has his tone and words changed?

Best wishes,

Lloyd