Beware of Zachary music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by roltrumpet, Mar 14, 2010.

1. RUFocused

RUFocused Pianissimo User

Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    All I know is that It took me 2 days to explain to a student's parents why they should pay for the lesson when I instructed their son how to properly clean and care for his trumpet. What did they cite?........... ZacharyMusic!! I had to explain to them the first day how what he claimed is cr*p, and the second day having them come back for my next lesson to WATCH as I assisted my student to clean out her leadpipe. (she is a candy sucker and mt. dew drinker, so it was a good idea) Then I explained it again. THank you Mr. Zachary.

Cheers,
    Jason

2. kadleck

kadleck Artist in Residence Staff Member

Feb 28, 2006
    new york
    Of all the scam artists in this business (and there are plenty), this guy may be #1. Rude and abrasive is unacceptable even from someone who knows what they are talking about. In this case it's almost comical.

MJ likes this.
  3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    PT Barnum is quoted as quipping the reason: "There is a sucker born every minute!"

4. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    caviat emptor

5. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    So the moral of the story, or lesson learned;

Sack Zac and Zip to Zig!!

6. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    To the OP:

Forget Zachary music. Contact Kanstul and they will sell you any parts you need since they built your horn.

Greg

7. trumpet 101

trumpet 101 Pianissimo User

Jan 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    "I would like to offer my most emphatic appreciation to you for one of the most extraordinary acts of customer service I have ever had the pleasure to receive. Your heroic and compassionate measures to ensure the instrument arrived in time for my son to take it to his band camp, even though the initial error was on my part, is unequaled."

haha... this is a "customer testimonial" from zachuary... who uses "heoric and compassionate" to describe how fast shipping was? Zachuary? :)

8. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    trumpet 101,

One gets the impression that Mr. Zachary wrote the customer appreciation letter. Do people really write like that?

The customer's glowing remarks in the testimonial seem so "out of character" as it relates to Mr. Zachary's language and business style.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

9. Mamba21500

Mamba21500 Piano User

Feb 26, 2009
    of course he did, he also goes on brass review and gives all his horn loads of 10/10 reviews :roll:

10. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Mamba,

Well, Mr. Zachary likes his instruments. Whether he sells many....that is something only he knows? I won't buy from him, but others have to follow their own wisdom as it relates to Mr. Zachary and his eccentric style and business practices which seem above (or below) to what other dealers adhere to.

His reviews of his products are very high and are subjective at best.

Best wishes,

Lloyd