Beware of Zachary music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by roltrumpet, Mar 14, 2010.

1. dstrad

dstrad Pianissimo User

Oct 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    The gas pedal probably sticks on those horns anyway.

2. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    gzent,

I've always wondered why folks would didn't choose Kanstul anyway as opposed to dealing with a character like Mr. Zachary? At least we are aware of the quality of Kanstul. What advantage does ZeuS really have to offer, especially in dealing with the eccentric (even strange) person selling them? Why would anyone want to subject themselves to that hassle?

Life is just too short for that!

Best wishes,

Lloyd

3. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    The only reason, as far as I can see, is that folks
    doesn't read TM and oTHer trumpet sites [​IMG]

4. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Markie,

No disrespect intended, but would you seriously purchase a ZeuS horn from Mr. Zachary?

Best wishes,

Lloyd

5. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    imf sez:
    Markie,

No disrespect intended, but would you seriously purchase a ZeuS horn from Mr. Zachary?
    -------------
    I think you're missing my point. The lesson on this entry is that there is a profound difference between being a craftsman and dealing with the public. The best thing Zach can do (if what I read is true) is to keep his pie hole shut and let someone with people skills do the public communication.
    When you think about it just one "He's such an A-hole to deal with" outweighs 100 Wows!! everytime.

6. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Because when they first came on the market they were basically Kanstul pro horns sold at the price of a student horn.
    So, for the cost of a (very) used Bach Strad, you got an equivalent new horn made by Kanstul.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  7. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Originally Posted by zacharymusic
    Bach trumpet players:
    Shame on you! You can't get one.
    Chances are you are 12 years old and can barely play three notes anyway. Your Mom just bought you that silver Bach that your band director told you to buy from the local rip-off store.
    Shame on You, your Mom and your stupid Band Director who is getting a commission from the local store and you are too dumb to know it.
    GET OFF THIS WEBSITE NOW!!!
    --------------------------------
    Holy Cow! I'm surprised no one has figured this out!!
    The soup nazi needed another gig when Seinfeld shut down. I think we know where he ended up!
    "One year , No trumpet for you!!!"

8. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    I came sooooo close to making a similar comparison to the soup nazi! It begs comparison!

9. willbarber

willbarber Piano User

Nov 22, 2008
    Medina, NY

So I guess my director was getting a cut when he sold me my Strad in 6th grade, from one of his private students for $800?
    And he was recommending we buy a brand new Strad or Xeno at a DISCOUNT PRICE because he was getting a cut?

Sorry, Mr Zachary, but that sounds like bullcrap. Let people buy whatever horn they want. You don't need to knock other horns to sell your own.
    Let directors recommend that shiny silver Bach because it's better than the $50 China horn the kids already have, and it'll make the students play better.
    I don't know about you, but my Strad plays better than my Holton Collegiate. Do your pro horns play better? Or are they just on the same level as the shiny silver "crap" you say that Bach is?
    I don't see Bach or Kanstul say your horns are bad. They get customers by selling a good trumpet, not saying another is worse.

10. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    The reason he sells his trumpets this way is because you always want what you can't have.

The more we talk about him, the more trumpets he sells. He can't get us to talk about him any other way, so he uses negative advertising. Any publicity is good.

I think he tried to model himself after Monette and twisted the idea so far that he became a creep. The mouthpiece is a direct copy of Monette and the cat thing also came from Monette. Monette trumpets are hard to get because they are so expensive and there is a huge lead time. Zachary had to somehow make his trumpets hard to get too.

He isn't trying to sell trumpets to us. By us, I mean a trumpet player that knows something about the trumpet. He is selling to jimmies parents. That's really where the market is, not us. How many of us are in the market for a new horn? Maybe 2 or 3. Jimmies parents don't know any better. They google him (this post helped him)and buy.