Beware of Zachary music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by roltrumpet, Mar 14, 2010.

1. nplotts1

nplotts1 Fortissimo User

Aug 5, 2007
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I havent been to his site in quite some time now, i think last time I went the ZeuS G was $1800, is this still the case? I also thought it was a clone of a 50's Mt. Vernon, not the modern Strad. And yes it was a good deal back then, a pro level trumpet for the cost (or less) of the intermediates that my classmates were getting. And it was unique, I still haven't met another trumpet player who has a copper belled horn, unless you count the one I met this Monday, but his Kanstul was silver plated over the copper.

@kehaulani, unless he has gotten his own equipment, the ZeuS line is made at Kanstul. I know that it was up until at least 2 years ago when I quit playing (came back last week, can't believe how much fun i was missing).

2. mrsemman

mrsemman Piano User

Apr 8, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Not to prolong this discussion, but, I once told Alex, after purchasing a horn from him, became much more friendly, that if his horns were not that good, you would see the market flooded with them. I believe that most of the people who do sell them, do so because of discussions like this, where people knock the designer/ vendor, rather than the horns themselves. Or, they sell them because, like all the other horns in the "marketplace", the owner wants to change and get a different horn. I think that Alex's negative attitude affects the objective evaluation of his horns.

That said, professional and expert players can differentiate the subtleties between horns, I could not.

Gary

3. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    I had a Zeus G and have a couple friends with Mt. Vernon vintage Bach Strads.

The Zeus G is not at all a clone of any vintage Bach Strad. It is near copy of the modern Strad using typical
    Kanstul stock leadpipe, bell and leadpipe. It plays like a good modern Strad, not like a Mt. V Strad.

4. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    I would not deal with ZacharyMusic, but a friend of mine has a ZueS G. It is a fantastic horn. Think I'm gonna check 'em out on the Bay.

5. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Mongo have deep feelings for him trumpet.