Big day in fuzzville tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gordonfurr1, May 18, 2015.

1. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    Tomorrow...
    Tuesday...

Wow..a banner day!

I receive THREE...COUNT 'EM.....THREE.....trumpets!

I am driving several hours to get a nnnniiiccceeee Elkhart Strad 37....silver...
    And am picking up the vintage IMPERATOR fluted bell peashooter....
    AND LAST (and prob least)
    I'm getting the SARGENT vintage super-long-spaghetti-shooter!

WHAT A DAY!

I will scarcely sleep tonight, I'd bet!

2. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Lot of horns! and I'm still looking for a few specific, random trumpet/cornet models!
    But I look forward to comparison and review, possibly videos (esp. the Imperator/B&F and the Sargent)

3. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    And I've a corner full of cases in the corner full of a variety of non-descript student horns I've picked up and worked on. Plus another on the kitchen counter taken all apart and am preparing to convert into a trial run C cornet with tuning bell. Why not? Might as well leave a dent in this thing called life.

I've never even played a Strad 37, much less owned one before...tomorrow will be a very interesting interplay of old horns and newer.

Plus...I am looking at possibly trying a late forties New York Bach Strad 37 in raw brass. Medium bore. THAT has piqued my interest.

4. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    Saweeeeeet!

Since you're finding all these nice Strads, let me know if you find one with a 43 or 72 bell and large bore and interested in trade + cash...