BIG interview in ITG Journal with Wilmer Wise!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trickg, Jan 18, 2006.

1. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Just as a heads-up to everyone who gets the ITG Journal, if you haven't gotten your latest issue yet, there is a big interview in there with our very own Wilmer Wise! I have only gotten the opportunity to sort of thumb through the journal to get an idea of articles that I want to really read when I get the chance, and Wilmer's interview is one of those articles.

Good stuff!

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    That's great news! Congratulations to Wilmer on a musical life worth recognizing. They should call the article "Been there, done that... a lot!"

ML

3. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Received my copy last week; a good read. Congrats to Wilmer, deservingly so~ I will have to ask him for a lesson one day. He's in my 50 mi radius and it's been a while since I've been to my birthplace, Brooklyn.

4. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Haven't recieved that one yet, but my eyes are on the mailbox!

5. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Hey Glenn... call me weird... but every time I see your avatar pop up ... I laugh cause he looks like he might be playing the flute and hating it... :lol: of course I know it's his sword... but when I first look at it I think flute... just thought I'd tell ya that... :-P

:-) and uh, yes... CONGRATS to Mr. Wise.

6. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    That's so funny - I thought I was the only one who saw it that way. :D

7. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    How could I be so remiss? Congratulations, Wilmer!

Rogerio- Alot of people get that one mixed up and end up thinking Aqualung, I think. BTW...I saw Narnia a few weeks ago. I love the self-sacrificing scene the Lion makes with the witch unaware of its full meaning.

8. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Patrick,

Thanks for admiting that you too were taken by Glenn's avatar. I've been wanting to say something for months... :lol:

Glenn,

Glad you liked the movie. It's no Lord of the Ring, but it's true to the book and CS Lewis would have been happy with it, I think.

9. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    he he he , I think Aqualung every time I see you post!
    CAN'T HELP IT~