Big trumpet problem

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpeterpl, Jan 3, 2016.

1. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    He doesn't understand this :D ?

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I thought it was pretty transparent. Aside from that, I knew some guys who pretty much drank all the time - whether that was to maintain a state of "homeostasis" for their chops was probably not the reason they drank though.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I believe consistency may also be at play here. I have found a consistent daily routine has kept my performance very consistent. My question to the person starting this thread is: Is your practice routine consistent on a day to day basis?

4. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    gmonady, there was nothing consistent about my day-to-day when I was a military bandsman, except that I was playing my horn a lot almost every single day - at the time I had kind remarked that I had gotten to a point where even my off days were still pretty solid. In lieu of doing a ton of gigging, I think that having consistency in what you play day-to-day would be the next best thing.

5. breakup

breakup Mezzo Piano User

Jun 19, 2015
    Central Pa.
    You didn't state your age but even young people can have a medical condition that requires medication. I take 5 meds and 2 supplements for 2 of those meds and several of those meds state on the warning label that they may cause "dry mouth", in fact when I get up in the morning my mouth is so dry that it is difficult to talk. If you take any kind of medication for anything, check the side effects.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I'll be 60 this summer and am diabetic and hypertonic. I am aware of meds but never start there because I believe in Cyberchondria. Those with serious side effects are very aware and mention them in threads like this.