Birks Work Clip.. Critism Welcomed

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by trjeam, Dec 26, 2005.

1. trjeam

trjeam Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    I just posted two clips from a couple of months ago of me playing Birk's Work.

I'm looking for constructive critism. Tell me what you dug and what you didn't dig and wich one you liked better.

I also have a clip from christmas gig (although not a christmas song) if you want to check that out..

the songs can be found here:

http://www.soundclick.com/jorgeayala

2. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Birks Works 2, generally a really good sound. You are a bit off in your timing on the track---understandable as I've found some tracks hard to match time with. Also, what happened with the higher notes? You wound up with a bad case of the fuzzies and fading out. Thanks for posting the clips, you really do learn by recording yourself!

3. trjeam

trjeam Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    thanks for the reply. I don't know what happened with me and the timing.. i guess i lost the groove or something.. but i heard that when i listened to it.

and the fuzziness fading out i can explain.. I once heard maynard do something really cool with his chops were the note sounded dirty... well i was trying to get it to sound dirty and while going for the note my chops freaked out and i got fuzzy and faded out...

i could of done a growl i guess but i was experimenting with something different.