Black finish

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Gary Garcia, May 13, 2008.

1. Gary Garcia

Gary Garcia Pianissimo User

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    Goodmorning, I have a trumpet that I want to put a black finish/plating with gold engraving. Any ideas who can do this for me
    Thanks ---Gar:cool:

2. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
  3. Gary Garcia

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    Thanks,but I was hoping to having it professionally done --Gar

4. hubnub

hubnub Piano User

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    check out Josh landress or jason Harrelson. Maybe anderson plating in Indiana as well.

5. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I know Dr. Valve refinishes in Black Nickel. Looks pretty neat, honestly... even though I wouldn't take one to an orchestra gig ;)

6. Newguy

Newguy Pianissimo User

Mar 30, 2008
    Pittsburgh Area
    When I was in high school, in the late '50s, my band director, who had his own dixieland band on the side, had an Olds, I think a Super, that he had done in Black and lacquered with gold trim -- the slides, around the bell, etc -- the sharpest horn you would ever want to see. He had it stolen from the back of his T-bird one day and the cops arrested the idiot when he tried to pawn it for $10!! :duh:

7. Gary Garcia

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    Thanks for all the nice posts. The trumpets I have are unrestored or restored by pros,but I saw a committee Leblanc that was black with gold trim and I thought WOW! I have a 40's era committee that needs to be restored and I have been torn between restoring it to original or changing it. Thanks again. ---GAR