Blackburn pipe for a xeno C trumpet

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Tampahorn, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Tampahorn

Tampahorn New Friend

Jan 10, 2004
    Tampa florida
    I have xeno c trumpet and was thinking about getting a blackburn leadpipe. Any one have this set up? which size? What improvements did the leadpipe make compared to the standard one? Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    I have never seen anyone with this. Why do you want to change the pipe. What do you want to try and improve? I would just leave it alone.

3. trptbenge

trptbenge Pianissimo User

Jan 15, 2004
    Atlanta
    I agree! What about it don't you like?

Blackburn pipes are excellent and they can change the playing characteristics of a horn. But before you start sticking a different leadpipe on the horn you need to know where you want to go with it or what problems you are trying to solve. Cliff has a lot of variations in his pipes. If you have a problem you may want to call and talk with him. He is an excellent player and extremely knowlegable.

Mike

4. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    if you do decided to get a pipe to go on it check out ken larsons stuff as well. they are supposed to be very close to the old Malone pipes.

5. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    If you seriously want to look into it, Blackburn offers a two week trial on their pipes, if you call and tell them what you are looking for the pipe to do to your sound.

Van

6. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    You know, while we're here, can someone explain just what the big deal about the Malone pipes are?