Blessing Trumpets

Discussion in 'Horns' started by DevilishTrumpetPlayerGod, May 17, 2007.

1. DevilishTrumpetPlayerGod

DevilishTrumpetPlayerGod New Friend

May 10, 2007
    Southern Tier
    What is your opinion on the trumpets that Blessing makes. Can you point out positives and negatives about them?

2. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    I owned a Blessing C trumpet and a D trumpet. They were fine for church work. I put them up for sale in Seattle and they sold immediately. The C was a Pro model. I think students bought them.

3. Vessehune

Vessehune Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Sunnyside, WA
    I have one of their intermediate horns and it actually impressed me with how well it does play. This horn was given to me, but if I didn't have a lot of cash to buy a horn I might consider a Blessing.

4. MLanghardt

MLanghardt New Friend

Apr 7, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I have a Blessing flugel that I really like actually. They're good if you're on a budget.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    My opinion on Blessing:
    built to a price. Good value for the price. I have played 4 or 5 different trumpets for students and 2 flugels.
    Play before you pay.
    Your Silver Flair is actually a pro horn - is there a reason that you are looking for something else - or do you just have the "itch" to get something new?

6. Shihan7

Shihan7 New Friend

Apr 16, 2007
    I have a Blessing LTML-1 S . They list it as a professional jazz horn. I played a G above double high C on it a couple of days ago. It is a laser. Silver plated with no laquer, so you have to work on it. I play this horn with a Schilke 13A4 mouthpiece. Valves work great, sounds good. Cost $769 . Maybe when I start making some serious cash I'll shop around for higher end stuff, but, for the price it is amazing.

7. DevilishTrumpetPlayerGod

May 10, 2007
    Southern Tier
    The "King" is not looking like such a king anymore. Plus yes there is a bit of an "itch" to get a new one. I have played a blessing flugal and it had a very beautiful tone to it when I played it. So I looked around for Blessing Trumpets and will be considering getting one over the next year, maybe two. But I just wanted from a players perspective how nice they are. Before I make the step to got try them out. I have an excellent music shop that I cannot see very often and I want to go there with an idea about which trumpets to try.

8. Don Christensen

Don Christensen Pianissimo User

May 16, 2007
    ed

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  9. DevilishTrumpetPlayerGod

May 10, 2007
    Southern Tier
    yeah i know what you are saying Don
    I sort of have that itch too but my parents have a good leash on me

10. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Hi, Bryan,

I like my Blessing Artist-141S Short Model Cornet purchased new in 2006 from WWBW South Bend, IN. It is heavy with an excellent silverplate finish and a nice sound with good intonation. The valves are remarkably smooth and do not stick and move fast enough for me. Nice case and mouthpiece are supplied (Blessing 7C), but I use Denis Wick mouthpieces instead.

I understand that not everyone likes Blessing Brass instruments and they usually tell you the reasons. As far as Blessing trumpets, cornets and flugelhorns go some like them and some don't. They are not the most expensive intruments and may not be the quality you (and others) are used to, yet they fill a niche.

Buying a Blessing Artist 141 Short Model Cornet didn't leave me broke. I've owned mine since 2006 and it plays wonderfully now in 2012. The silverplate finish is intact and valves continue to operate fast and smooth. I couldn't ask for more as I am pleased with this particular model from Blessing.

Best wishes!

Lloyd

Last edited: May 17, 2012