Blindfolded & Trying out trumpets at Dillon's...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Palomorado, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Palomorado

Palomorado New Friend

Oct 8, 2007
  2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Thanks, Palomorado, a great link, and to boot, THE WAY to try out horns. Had I been the author, though, I would have considered marriage with an "I get the horn" pre-nup. (There was this girl in college who got hold of the perfect 37, but she was too nice....)

3. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog New Friend

Feb 19, 2008
    Cornelius, NC
    It's the best way to pick out a set of loudspeakers too.

4. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    Look out if they offer you a cigarette with the blindfold and stand you by a wall.

Wilmer

5. jselengut

jselengut New Friend

Jun 29, 2009
    New York City
    Hi y'all. My first post over here. I'm the author of that article. The one with the blindfold. Many of you have read the article and that makes me real happy. I love my new horn and now that I've gotten the lacquer off it is looking better and better (more interesting) every day. I'm quite falling in love with it!! Sounds silly but it's true. I am gigging on the thing 3 (sometimes 6) sets per day at least 5 days a week. It's good to have a friend you can trust.

Hey, my band is going to play at The Louis Armstrong House Museum this August! They might even let me play a tune on one of Pops' horns! Nothing confirmed yet but we're talking about it! Totally excited!

Glad there's interested people out there in the same stuff I'm into. Take care,
    y'all.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009