Block Function

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Cheechoo, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Cheechoo

Cheechoo New Friend

Oct 31, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    If it can be implemented, I like to block those who piss me off. :twisted:

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    I think this is a possibility but it is something that I will have to look into once I have everything else set up and I have a way to go.

TM

3. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    BTW, do most hockey players have false teeth or is this condition only with the goalies (sp)? I am wondering if someone can play the trumpet with false teeth?

Concerning your message, today, I was standing next to a person in a group who for many days and weeks in the past was very friendly but suddenly became angry and started to “piss” everyone in the group off. I decided to talk with this person afterwards and I learned that he has Alzheimer's Disease.

In the book, The 36-Hour Day, that deals with caring for people who have Alzheimer’s Disease, it says that “people with dementing illnesses become angry and can also display catastrophic reactions. The response should be one of calmness and to not respond with anger.” Such actions make the person feel very lonely [and no wonder why because others want to block them out] and they even become more agitated by this thereby provoking more anger.

IMO, anger is an illness that dements everyone with or without Alzheimer’s and it will grow if not faced and resolved calmly. The Steel Cage is set up for resolving problems as well.

I don’t know if I made a goal with this puk (sp) shot [message] with you and I hope that it did not land between your teeth. :mrgreen:

Liad Bar-EL

4. rdt1959

rdt1959 Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Georgia
    Back when I was young (yes, I CAN in fact remember that far back thankyou!) I had kind of a hot temper. That ended one day when I was working on my car, got mad and threw a wrench. My Father simply looked me in the eye and said.............

"A bad temper is a sign of low intelligence."

After that, I learned to curb my temper!

Now, being old...ummm...I mean...wiser, I always take a couple of minutes to cool off before giving anger back to anger.

5. Cheechoo

Cheechoo New Friend

Oct 31, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    I suspect that most goalies have teeth these days as they are pretty well protected. I don't know of any hockey players who play trumpet... I know of a couple of fans who do. I personally haven't played hockey for 40 years or so and only at the kid level...never lost any teeth other than the ones pulled by the dentist prior to getting braces.

As far as using the block function goes, I forsee only occasional use on someone who is clearly a menace to everyone. The cage works fine.