Blood blister on chops... HELP!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetguy27, Aug 9, 2013.

1. trumpetguy27

trumpetguy27 Mezzo Piano User

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Hey Folks... lookin for some advice, Maybe from some of our trumpeting doctors out there.

I woke up this morning with a smallish blood blister right in the center of my chops on the inside of my top lip... very close to where my teeth hit when I'm playin in the "up there" register for Marching Band lead. I don't really know where it came from honestly... I had an intense rehearsal on Wednesday evening but felt great yesterday morning, I don't remember "hurting myself" at all at rehearsal or pushing too hard etc. Maybe I bit it in my sleep or something? Who knows, and I guess it really doesn't matter...

My question is what (if anything) will help it go away the quickest? I have to play an intense lead gig on Sunday and while I don't THINK it will horribly get in the way I'd much rather it be gone! I'm hydrating as best I can because I know that's always a good thing to do, and I'm TRYING to leave it alone but my tongue keep wanting to mess with it... but any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance folks!!!

2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    I get them occasionally on the inside of my cheek if I have had to have a lay off and start again. Those I steirise a needle and pop evecuate the blood and ignore BUT I would be more wary of doing that on my lip.

3. Trumpet Tc

Trumpet Tc Pianissimo User

Jul 30, 2013
    Midwest City, OK
    I have one on the inside of my upper left cheek. Its not pleasant, but I have noticed that the only times it hurts is when I " smile " to get to the higher register.
    Puckering takes off all the tension from it. And I can play comfortably. I honestly think it was a pretty good thing to happen to me. I haven't been tiring as easy, and my notes sound better.

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  5. trumpetguy27

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Man... nothin from my two favorite trumpeting Docs yet? :)

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    You aren't part of their network!!! ROFL

7. trumpetguy27

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    I actually laughed at that. Especially since I'm sitting here at my job at an insurance administration company. :-)