Bloody grrrr

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by JackD, Jun 1, 2005.

1. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Just got back from a good night out with some mates which got spoilt by several guys on bikes who decided to pick a fight.

More of a vent than anything else, but I really hate people who start fights for no reason.

A year ago I was with the same friends when we got attacked by a group of guys with hammers - one of my friends got smashed over the head with them and ended up in hospital! Luckily this time nothing but punches were thrown, even though we were threatened with knives.

The youth today, I don't know.

2. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Yeah, people are jerks.

Once at my apartment complex I was approached by a group (5) of losers. They pulled knives and told me to give them my watch, wallet, and apt keys. (Most "thugs" when comfronted back down in my expeirence." So I said ok, proceeded to pull out my wallet, placed it on the hood on my car, took off my watch, put it on the hood of my car, put my keys on the hood of the car. Reached behind my back and pulled my concealed arm (9mm) flipped on the laser, and told them to come and get it. They backed off in a hurry and said they were just kidding etc. Pointed the weapon at their feet and told them to get on the ground. Called the cops, they went to jail.

No, I do NOT reccomned confronting them, if someone tells you to give them something, it is always better to give it up and walk away with your life, but I just had a really bad day that day and wasn't about to be bullied.

I also get sick of the preppy frat boy type guys who pick fights cause they think they are all bad and stuff... Had one pick on me cause he didn't like the fact that I was ignoring him (he was being stupid, and not drunk surprisingly) so he hauled off and tried to punch me. (I have a background in martial arts) So I just did my thing and avoided him without ever throwing a punch back and just keeping him off balance. All his croonies were laughing at him and stuff. After that, he kinda mellowed out and has been a pretty kewl guy.

Wow, those were so long ago... Thxs for the memories, lol.

3. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Bear,

Sweet! Yeah, I kinda miss that good old Texas justice! Every once in a while I'd hear of some fool who decided to rob someone's house who knew their way around a gun. The homeowner would terminate him and that was that.
    A nice thing in Texas you have the right to protect your family and your home with deadly force.

Greg

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Jack!

I'm glad you're okay... it would have very sad for us here to have heard that you had come to harm from thugs. Truly glad it went without further incident.

Tim,

Glad you were packing when you needed it. There's a statistic that hardly gets reported, assaults/robberies averted by concealed carry. Here, in Minnesota, concealed carry was proposed and the purveyors of gloom predicted the Wild West in the streets, mass gunplay, mayhem of various sorts.

Nothing in two years has happened. Oh, sorry. There was one incident. A man shot at the radiator of a fellow that was trying to run him over.

I'm also proud of you for using your martial arts knowledge in the minimalist way you did. But, hold... I thought people that carried licensed firearms were gunhappy, ready-to-shoot wackos... what gives?

Glad you're both okay.

ML

5. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Not my proudest moment, but...one time I went to the movies with my brother, and when we came out of the movies, we went to my car only to find some guy underneath the dash trying to hot wire my car and steal it. He'd already busted the window in and was just laying down on the floor looking under the dash. I didn't even give the guy warning when I pulled him out from underneath and just started wailing on him, my brother went to get the cops and they came just to find me still wailing on the guy. They had to arrest me for assault even though the guy broke into my car, but after 45 minutes in the jail cell they released me saying that the guy was an illegal alien and couldn't press charges, nothing on my record or anything. Just so you know, I'm 6'4" and 300lbs of huge Hipanic guy with three years of undefeated boxing training, so I'm pretty sure this guy will think twice about trying that stunt again. This is the only time I've ever had to resolve to violence, and again, not my proudest moment, lesson learned in that I should learn to control my temper in these sort of situations.

6. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    That reminds me.... I have to get a license to carry a concealed weapon sometime.

There are a LOT more punks around than when I was younger. Its crazy, how my little podunk town has suddenly become meth capital of TN... :cry:

Van

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Hammers? Damn you guys sure know how to fight in England. As the saying goes. Don't bring a phillips head to a hammer fight. :lol: Were these rowdy "football" aka soccer fans.

When ever I want to get into a fight I think about Mo Better Blues and then I try and cool down. There is a TM member who goes by the name of bwizzle who has no regard for his chops and trys to start fights if he can. The guy is an animal!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Damn dude 6'4 and 3 bills. :shock: Why are you messing with the trumpet. You sound like a good UFC canidate with that undefeated boxing experience!

9. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I dislocated my shoulder a while back which put an end to my boxing spree, luckily that led me to pursue my passion for trumpet playing without any distractions, you might say it was my favorite mistake :D

10. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    When I was in second grade, my little brother was in first. He was (well, still is) resident dork where ever he goes, and people used to beat him up a lot. There was this fifth grader that thought it was cool to pick on my little bro...I got mad at him and told him to stop. He then tried to beat me up...I punched him in the face so hard that I broke his nose....luckily, the duty teacher saw what happened (while on her way to stop the fight) and I didn't get into too much trouble.

There was another time where I wasn't fast enough to defend my brother...the kid was bugging him and pushing him and hitting him. Well, my brother had a freshly sharpened pencil in his hands and was really scared. The minute the kid rushed him, he planted that thing in his shoulder and snapped the tip off.

That was long ago though. I haven't really been in any other physical violence since then (Thank God.) and I'm not proud of what I did do.

Lara