Blowing the center

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bigaggietrumpet, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    B15M,

It sounds like you're doing what's correct for you! Remember that it's about the sound you've invested time and money to create. Therefore, don't give in to anything artificial if it doesn't have that ring to it. That's what I like about the Prana: the enhanced sense of the ring in the sound that has always been there but the operative word is "enhanced". It sounds like you've been satisfied with what you're doing.

The only, and I mean only reason to doubt what you've been doing is if you're not getting that clear-as-a-bell ring.

ML

2. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Yes, and different horn feel different ways when ringing. I actually start hearing a hum in my ears when I play the center of my Strad.

YES, never do anything artificial. Its got to be a natural, air-hitting lips-hitting-piece-hitting-horn, going through the speaker.

Cant wait to get home tonight! :D

Van

3. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    I thought it was a monkey too! I never studied it because I didn't like to look directly at it (I don't like monkeys). Now it's much less distrubing! Just a little dog...

4. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    A little dog that knows where you sleep at night... :twisted:

:lol:

Van

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    That can be classified as a severe threat. Notify Homeland Security at once. Call out the rent-a-cops. Install a 9' perimeter fence with razor wire on top. Get cameras, flood lights, attack dogs. HELP!!!!!!!!!

6. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Set terror alert from gold to plaid!

Van

7. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    I think "Teal" is next. Then "tourquoise."

8. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ

That is so freaky....

All this time I also thought it was "something" standing with its hands behind its head....

We need a psyche major to tell us what this means...

I never thought it was a monkey though.... that one is strange... did you guys have a bad zoo experience as a child??? :D :lol: :D

Van,

You get a prize for the best avatar for the week.... sounds like you had several of us all mixed up.

9. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Yeah, I made the mistake of walking past the monkey cage.

"Mom, what's that monkey doing over there?".......

"MICHAEL!!! Let's go and see the fish exhibit."

:oops:

10. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ

Those monkeys.... they do all those things in public that most of us would do if it wasn't for Ms. Manners :lol:

Still, there is some of that in a few out there.... like sitting at a stop light and the guy next to you has his finger up his nose..... "hello... ???? Your windows are not that dark!!!"