Bob Odneal "Casual Double High C" method?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jaydarling, May 16, 2007.

1. jaydarling

jaydarling New Friend

Mar 3, 2007
    Hello everyone,
    I am interested in receiving any feedback about a practice/ training method by a gentleman named Bob Odneal who is advertising his book on eBay and on his website. The name of the method is: "Casual Double High C" by Bob Odneal. Any commets from those who have used this book are very welcome as I am considering buying the book.
    Thanks for any help,
    Jay

Also any feedback on the best practice methods for increasing upper range would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    You can contact him directly or through Bruce Lee of northernbrass.com . Bob does post on here from time to time.

3. Jerry Freedman

Jerry Freedman Piano User

Mar 4, 2005
    Odneals book is a dvd with exercises and clips of him playing them so there will be no confusion. This alone puts CDHC above most other methods. Secondly, instead of the standard ascending major arpeggions, he goes up in 4ths and diminished chords which make you pay attention to what you are doing. Its well thought out, well put together and a good buy.

4. Kent

Kent New Friend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    I have been following Bob's program for approximately 6 weeks and find that the results to date are worth it. So far, I have been using the warm up and extended warm up but I think the diminished exercises are going to help as well (half my problem is recognising the pitch of the very high notes, given my previous lounging in the lower ranges). I also found Bob to be very quick to get the CD and material to me and the price was certainly right.

5. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    I ordered it, and I like it. While I cannot practice as often as I should, I do incorporate lots of what he puts forth. I can tell you that much of what he advocates--especially soft playing--is also endorsed by Roger Ingram, per my recent lesson with him (Ingram, not Odneal--but it was in Houston...)

6. Keith Fiala

Keith Fiala Pianissimo User

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I met Bob just before I went on tour with Maynard... he was there the day I got the call, so I was able to get his input... he toured with MF in 1980.

Bob is a GREAT player, a GREAT teacher and a GREAT friend... he will assist you more than you could imagine. Between Bob O. and Pops, my range has exceeded my wildest dreams!!!

7. Bob Odneal

Bob Odneal Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Hi Guys!

How's it going! Thanks for the kind words and Keith, I owe you a call. I hope you guys can stick with the method as it makes playing much easier for me and a lot of people that have stuck with it.

you can email me here:

[email protected]

Later,

Bob

8. jaydarling

jaydarling New Friend

Mar 3, 2007
    Thanks for the input everybody. I suspected that it would be a goodie; just wanted to make sure it was so. I have just ordered your book Bob (if I may be so bold as to call you so), and look forward to the results. Thanks for the response. I sent you a message a month or two ago on eBay asking you if you were you. You responded YES!! Heh heh. I hope to have great reports and some testimonials for you later.
    Jay

9. Bob Odneal

Bob Odneal Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Jay,

I sent you some email files to get you started!

Good luck with your quest and of course call me Bob, Mr. Odneal is my dad!

10. kctrump

kctrump New Friend

Nov 6, 2005
    Bob,

I'm placing my order now.

I'll be in touch.

KCtrump