Bore Size?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by G-man-, Dec 3, 2011.

1. hahkeystah

hahkeystah Piano User

Jan 12, 2011
    Charlottesville, VA
    you'd pinch her Achilles to make her lift her foot, and use a pick? probably not the type of pedicure she's used to.

2. G-man-

G-man- New Friend

Nov 26, 2011
    Well I just found out why my endurance after 2 years is still dead after 5 min playing 3rd space C 4th space E. My lips are totaly rolled in to produce tension/buzz so that those high notes can come out. Now I just been told I am supposed to be playing with my lips in basically normal position and allow the air to produce the aperture rather than rolling my mouth in to get it. So from being able to play G above staff and endurance of 5 min playing 3rd space C and above, I cant even play a 2nd line G like this, however, mouth feels a lot better. Doesnt get all tightend up and sore/red.

I also found blowing this way the trumpet sounds different.

Looks like I better go check all that stuff out (yamaha, schilke b5/b1, strad 180S 37/43/72, B&S etc) again as now the sound seems more full even on my stomvi. Infact my stomvi is starting to sound good now to. I will take it with me next time and go through all that again.

Here we go again:roll:ROFL

3. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Wow, yeah that'll make a huge difference in the sound...
    You'll probably also notice a large difference in the response of the horns now.