Boss Nouveau?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by killerjen231, Mar 18, 2009.

1. killerjen231

killerjen231 New Friend

Mar 16, 2009
    CALI
    have you ever heard of them? if not, then here is my simple intro about them.

They are bassically a maynard Ferguson tribute jazz band.
    they are pretty dang good in my opinion too..

they have a myspace, and some you-tube videos.
    myspace.com/bossnouveau
    search boss nouveau in youtube.

i like them, what about you?

*note, group is about 4 months old, or together*

2. SilverHorn

SilverHorn Pianissimo User

Feb 2, 2009
    Alabama
    Keith Fiala could tell ya if they're any good. He's a former Ferguson band member.

3. Keith Fiala

Keith Fiala Pianissimo User

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Touchy subject Silverhorn...

I've seen some videos and Kurt (leader) sounds great! The band on the clips was loose and not together. But I think it was just footage of a rehearsal or two.

What concerns me the most for them is that Maynard did NOT want ANY ghost bands in his name. His daughters were aware of this and they may be setting themselves up for trouble. That is unless they've worked something out with the Ferguson family.

Personally - I'd go hear them and support them! Live music by seasoned musicians needs all the support it can get.

Just my thoughts -

Keith
    Welcome to Brass Player Solution

4. SilverHorn

SilverHorn Pianissimo User

Feb 2, 2009
    Alabama

Hey Keith man, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to step on toes. I didn't know.

5. Keith Fiala

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Hey Silverhorn -

Nah - no toes stepped on at all... I've just seen that topic generate a lot of "heat" on other forums, that's all. So, I try to keep my opinion to myself most of the time and not fan the flames - if ya know what I mean.

It's all good man - I think what he's doing is a valiant effort. He's a great player (Kurt)... I just hope he's doing it right and with the Ferguson families blessings...

Keith

6. NickD

NickD Forte User

Go to MaynardFerguson.com - The Official Web Site of Maynard Ferguson and check out the cover page of the website.

Kurt has apparently worked things out with the mf.com folks and with the family. He has also been posting successfully under his own name now in MF.com and all is well. I'm sure we can look forward to hearing from Kurt here, too, as well. In any case, his band and concert are nicely displayed by mf.com site. Cool!

Nick

7. Keith Fiala

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Hey Nick,

Glad to see you here... and I'm glad he got things worked out. If he comes near Austin, I'll be sure to check it out!

Hope you're doing well -

Keith