Boston University Trumpet Ensemble

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by John P, Jul 19, 2006.

1. John P

John P Piano User

Jun 16, 2006
    Camp Hill, PA
    I was much more impressed by Boston's performance than by Grand Valley State. I thought you guys should've taken first. Oh well, I guess you still have next year.

2. impaulm

impaulm New Friend

Apr 20, 2006
    Mesa, Az
    The piece that we (GVSU) played is so different from BU's, it had to be a really tough call for the judges. Like apples and oranges, ours was a great piece, incredibly musical, and theirs was not only fun but a technical monster. I think that the choice that the judges made was one that could have been different had it been the day before or after the contest, based purely on their mood for the day!
    I'm sure that BU will return next year and will come with a show even better than this year, unfortunatly GVSU cant return until the year after due to the rules.

3. John P

John P Piano User

Jun 16, 2006
    Camp Hill, PA
    I shouldn't have said that. But I definitely liked Boston's piece better. Just my preference. I was very impressed with both ensembles. I wouldn't have wanted to be one of those judges. And props to GVSU for putting out such a competitive ensemble 2 years in a row.

4. kmm0805

kmm0805 New Friend

Jul 20, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Thanks for your comments Paul...I will remember that next time I talk to Stoelzel... :bleah: