Bought a new trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Crunch, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Crunch

Crunch New Friend

Sep 10, 2007
    Hello people. As it says above. Tristar, don"t know the model. Bouht it for a ridiculous price, like 1 euro. Thought it would be a piece of s***, but it turns out to be quite ok. Of course, I am no great trumpet player, I mainly play guitar, but I used it this saturday and it"s ok. Only thing is, the valves (I hope that"s what it is called in english, dunno, you know, the thing you push on the top of the trumpet), well, the middle one, after you press it, it won"t come out quicky, but rather slowly, so if I play fast stuff, I sound out of tune.
    I hope some oil will fiy the matter. Anyone has some experience with this trumpets??

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Things that seem too good to be true often are!

3. omelet

omelet Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2007
    charleston, sc
    yes, metal on metal does need some sort of lubrication to prevent sticking.
    put valve oil on it.

4. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    As far as a I know, they are a cheap Indian? instrument. Have seen their advertising. They have flooded ebay over the years. As you had been advised, try valve oil. Sometimes a heavier grade oil , like 3-1 household oil, penetrating oil, or even olive oil will help a sticky valve. Good luck with the horn and let us know how it holds up as far as durablilty goes. Welcome to the forum.:-)