Braces...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by High School Trumpet, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Catchops

Catchops New Friend

Jan 5, 2010
    Kansas City
    Great Advice Larry! I too had braces in high school and had a plentiful supply of wax to put in on the top row on my front two teeth. I did eventually get some range back, but my playing when the braces came off was (after an adjustment period) MUCH BETTER.

Hang in there! When they come off, my teacher put me on the Colin Lip Flexibility studies...which worked out great. Eventually became my college lead player with a Jazz scholarship. You can do it!!!

2. misschevious

misschevious New Friend

Aug 18, 2010
    I got my braces about nine months ago. For me it wasnt as drastic of a transistion as i thought but it took me a lilttle bit to get used to. Why not use wax? I use wax almost everytime i play, sometimes if im just warming up i wont. I can play with or without but i dont want to get a calus or anything on the inside of my lips.

3. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    There is a removable brace that is good for all of the orthodontic situations which are currently treated by fixed braces. It is not the invisalign, it is the SOMA appliance
    SOMA information | Wholistic Dentistry