Bragging time

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by frankmike, Oct 12, 2009.

1. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    HIt E above high C (three paritals above high C) played 3 hours on saturday and nearly 6 hours on sunday. No pains in the chops whatsoever. Feeling great!!!

bye

2. mlrenick

mlrenick Pianissimo User

Sep 20, 2009
    Ft. Myers, Florida
    congrats

3. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008
    Great!! What´s your secret!?:-)

4. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    secret?

well I am stubborn as a donkey

my story goes like this

I picked up trumpet at the beggining of 2007 for the first time in my life

than practiced and practiced but unfortunately sufferdd double pneumonia last winter on a camping trip, after that I decided to practice and practice as much as I can

I have recuperated all my lung capacity (for three moths my breathing was shallow) and I have built the chops of steel. I can crack the pencil with my embouchure

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  5. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    It's great to see that someone has learned the secret of practice.

6. jonterman

jonterman Pianissimo User

Jan 4, 2009
    Wow! I'm happy when I hit the 'A' above the staff in Doxy! Good stuff!

7. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    HIt E above high C.
    -------------------------------
    If you're developing like I developed, then now comes the hard part.
    First of all, congrats!!! You've done well and finally developed what it takes to "hit" the note. That was no small feat I'm sure.
    Now comes the hard part. Making it sing. At the present time, that note is "hit" and it will sound as such until you get comfortable with it and make that note "sing" just like the other notes.
    I know that sounds kinda weird but if you're developing your upper range like I did, you'll understand in time.

8. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Congratulations! You have earned it. If it stays repeatable, then you can be extra proud!

9. hichez

hichez Pianissimo User

Jul 13, 2009
    This comment made me laugh. In high shcool every now and then you will hear a fellow trumpet member hit a super high note. But then they can't do it again. Sometimes I think that is best because it makes us work harder.

10. jerec576

jerec576 Pianissimo User

Feb 12, 2009
    Miami, Fl
    Had one of those days just today. Played a beautiful F over high C, finished my practice session after doing a long tone on it and came abck 15 minutes later to find out it fell to an A below high C. Its not eh power I really want, but the grace to be able to fly around every register without a constraint