Brass Choir music

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by bigaggietrumpet, Oct 4, 2004.

1. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Boy I've been in this forum a lot recently...

Ok, so the TAMU orchestra has been getting a LOAD of calls requesting ensembles. Unfortunately, none have been brass, and the reason for that has been that we haven't had either the people or the initiative. That changed tonight, as we were informed that we have 2 trumpets, 2 horns, and 3 trombones (1 can play Bass trombone) that are willing to play in a brass ensemble of some kind. Unfortunately again, we are fighting the fact that there is more than likely absolutely no music of any kind for this setting in our library (I have our librarian checking now, but seeing as we're only 1 year old...). Does anyone have an idea how we should organize this? Can we get arranged parts for this. And don't even think about telling me to arrange my own, I ain't got the time.

2. AndrewWK

AndrewWK Pianissimo User

Sep 9, 2004
    i would suggest going as a group over to Pender's over in Denton,TX.

Good luck,
    AndrewWK

3. stewmuse

stewmuse Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2004
    NW Chicago
  4. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Another option would be to use brass quintet music. You might have to double some parts. On my website I have a list of free of inexpensive music published on SibeliusMusic.com. This might help:

http://www.ibowtie.com/storesibeliusbrassq.html

Stew's stuff is always good. The Sibelius stuff can be good or bad, but at least I tried to pick out some decent ones.

Jim

5. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    robert king music company!!!!

6. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    You can find anything there ... but you will need a good wallet for some of the pieces!

http://www.rkingmusic.com/