Brass Conferences?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Jan 29, 2009.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Hey all.

I am trying to find out what kind of brass conferences there are out there in the world (anywhere n the world).

Does ANYONE know ANYTHING about any type of brass conference? Our Brass Quintet would like to go to a Brass Conference but can't seem to find one. (Except the International Women's Brass Conference)

Thanks

2. Darktrumpeter

Darktrumpeter Pianissimo User

Aug 11, 2004
    NJ, USA
    I don't think this will really help you now, but the tuba-euph conference is this weekend. There is also the ITG convention that happens in May/June. However both of these are pretty high-profile occasions, so I do not know entirely about how one would go about performing at them.

3. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Sorry I should have been more clear. Our quintet is looking for a brass conference that we can attend (not necessarily to play at). We are all professional musicians who play in the same band however we would like some higher professional guidance for quintet playing. (Something we can write off as professional development)

4. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Why not contact some of the top brass quintets and see if they will be in your area and are offering any master classes?

5. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    I have the easy answer for you.

You should contact Fred Mills at the University of Georgia in Athens. Once you attend his quintet conference you will have contacts for many others.

You need to become an International Trumpet Guild member.

One more contact is Ronald Romm (sic) at the University of Illinois in Champagne-Urbana.

Try Jens Lindemann at the University of California, Los Angelas.

James Olcott Triplo Press Jim teaches brass quintet.

Finally, There is Lurr-Metal in Spain. I think they have a web site.

What about Ed Carrol?

6. jcstites

jcstites Mezzo Forte User

Jun 1, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL