Brass-Forum.co.uk

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Adrian_H, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Adrian_H

Adrian_H Pianissimo User

Dec 4, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Hi all

I hope you don't mind me mentioning this here, but I just thought I'd let you know about my website www.brass-forum.co.uk . Brass-Forum.co.uk is a web-based forum similar to this one, but aimed at all Brass musicians, not just trumpeters. It also has a good selection of links to numerous brass related resources and a small but growing number of articles for the brass player.

I don't wish to 'steal' members from Trumpet Master, as I think this is a fine resource for trumpeters, but if you wish to pop along to www.brass-forum.co.uk and talk to players of other brass instruments aswell you would be most welcome.

Cheers

Adrian

2. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Excellent site.

Andy Taylor and others are on there talking about the horns they make in case anyone is interested.

BTW, Taylor ‘Phat Boy’ Flugel has arrived!!http://www.taylortrumpets.com/

Liad Bar-EL

3. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    i have visited a few times & say you-all in the uk did a super job!
    i don't run across many tenor horn forums, but there is one on the brass-forum.
    adrian, i visited & posted a couple of times last year on one of the channel island band sites. they weren't very communicative. i'm glad you guys are more friendly to us colonials :D

dj

4. Adrian_H

Adrian_H Pianissimo User

Dec 4, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    My pleasure :D

That to me is what the brass community is all about - people from different instruments and playing styles all trying to help each other get the best from their playing.

Cheers

5. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    I'm already there (and posting heavily :) ), come on over and experience some UK hospitality - we won't even object to US spelling :wink:

(well, not much)

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Mike,

First of all, congrats. I've signed up and hope to enjoy a different perspective about all types of brass playing.

However, I tried to submit a congratulatory post and was flummoxed by my inability to do so. I pressed "post" or "submit", whichever it was, and no go.

I run an iMac if that helps.

Cheers,
    ML

7. Adrian_H

Adrian_H Pianissimo User

Dec 4, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Hi Manny

Thanks for signing up. Can you email me the details of what error you got when trying to post or what it actually did. Then I'll try to help out. As far as I know other Mac users haven't had any problems.

My email is [email protected]

Cheers

Adrian