Brass Herald Magazine

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mikey, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    If any of you are familiar with this periodical, I just wanted to let you know that Philip Biggs (editor of the magazine) interviewed Alex Yates recently for an article to be featured in this month's issue. If you have not subscribed, now is a good time! If you are not subscribed, this is the first month that Brass Herald will be available at news stands in all Barnes and Noble stores. I am excited for Alex and hope people will pick one up and leaf through it, if you have the chance.

[​IMG]

The Brass Herald - Latest Issue

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  2. confuoco

confuoco Pianissimo User

Nov 11, 2007
    I will check that magazine out. Congratulations to the publisher for getting it into Barnes and Noble. I would think that must be quite an accomplishment considering the "specialty" subject matter. I can't image the magazine flying off the shelfs there but I wish everyone involved the best of luck.

3. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Well, my copy of the Brass Herald finally arrived! I thought you guys might like to know that, in addition to a great article about Alex Yates, there is also an article on the NEC brass. Hope you all can get a copy....

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Mike

4. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Just tried Barns and Nobel's online store. No joy. Sent 'em an note to see if they will sell it to me, and send it as well.

5. patdublc

patdublc Pianissimo User

Jul 20, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    I just finished reading it today. It is a great magazine and this issue was one of the best.

pat

6. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    I don't see that listed on the cover. What NEC BRass? New England Conservatory? thanks

7. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Yes; New England Conservatory Brass. It is the first article in the issue.

8. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    thanks.. Ill see if I can find it at my Barnes and Nobles

9. oj

oj Pianissimo User

Sep 9, 2005
    Norway
    Alex, I just read the excellent interview with you.

From what you tell, you must be a true natural (played a two octave G scale the first time trying the trumpet!!!)

I remember back in the "old Internet days", when I first found your website, with very good info. Btw, at that time, I did not understand your name - thought Alex (Alexander - not Alexandra) was only a male name ;-)

There were not many trumpet pages then. Your "Petrouscha.com", your teacher Bryan Goff's and a few others.

Btw, when did you start making those web-pages?

Ole

P.S
    I started making my "O.J. Trumpet Page" in 1995