Brass Instrument Trading Site

Discussion in 'Horns' started by trickg, Aug 25, 2005.

1. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Hey, do you guys think that this site has potential? It isn't mine, although I do know that guy that owns it.

http://www.brasstrader.com

2. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    I think that if word spreads around enough, it has potential, especially considering that you can eliminate the Indian horns that eBay lists. Unfortunately, it's gonna be hard because right now they don't have much (though that ZO caught my eye).

3. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    ;-) hey that old conn sure looked a lot like a phaeton. :lol:

4. Chris4

Chris4 Pianissimo User

Jul 16, 2005
    I think it definately has potential as word spreads about it. It has a good set-up and I'm sure it will grow significanly. Chris

5. Robert Rowe

Robert Rowe Mezzo Piano User

Dec 24, 2004
    I'm always dubious / skeptical ....

As I am in the geographic region of the "home base", I shall look into this.

Looks a little too strong with dealer (RossoMusic) listings. Much shall depend on how much actual "trading" occurs. Trading is cool. Living in New York for 20-yrs has convinced me "makin' deals" is the way to go.

Time will tell ....

Robert Rowe

6. Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert New Friend

Nov 12, 2003
    US
    How much are listing fees? I didn't want to register to find out.

TM clssified and TH marketplace are free.

I read the privacy policy .and they do ask for some personal info. to register. There may be some safety built in there but i say buyer beware in any case. is there going to be some feedback system? there isn't much to go on with what is there.

I also think rating system is very subjective. 7/10 ? whatever that means, not worth much to me.

imo, there is a reason to pay commisions to stores like dillons who will hopefully have the actual horn in their store, presumably present an honest description and stand behind the sale.

as an aside, I would personally not buy from (and pay commissions to) a seller who that sells instruments on his website without having them in hand. . for a commision, that doesn't seem right to me. how do you list a horn and state it's condition when the horn is 1000 miles away.
    that is another discussion .