Brass Players Opinions?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by huskybone, Dec 2, 2011.

1. huskybone

huskybone New Friend

Dec 1, 2011
    Hi I'm an Engineering Design and Development student and I'm doing a project in hope of improving the time and effort that it takes to clean a brass instrument.

I need your help!
    Please click the link below and take the survey. Its simple and will only take a minute or two.

Brass Player Survey

Your help is greatly appreciated and will hopefully lead to a new and easier way to clean your instrument.

2. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    I find your request very strange.

3. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    I took your survey for whatever good it is.

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This can be all sorts of things. I think that it makes sense to think about stuff like this. I can also think of a bunch of really convenient stuff that doesn't exist - yet!

5. LH123

LH123 Piano User

May 14, 2010
    Would be interested in hearing some of your ideas...

6. Satchmo Brecker

Satchmo Brecker Piano User

Jul 19, 2010
    Sounds like a scam to me. What kind of engineering student would be concerned about the engineering aspects of *cleaning* a trumpet, not sound production, not manufacturing, but cleaning? And let's say it's a chemical engineer. Why would a college student be interested in developing a new product, evidently to be sold at some point? Anywho, I guess as long as the OP doesn't do anything illegal like gather IP addresses, sell info, etc.

7. huskybone

huskybone New Friend

Dec 1, 2011
    Yes, so would I

8. huskybone

huskybone New Friend

Dec 1, 2011
    Yes so would I!

9. huskybone

huskybone New Friend

Dec 1, 2011
    I am actually a high school student and this is a year long project I am doing in my engineering class. We had to find a problem that we thought we would be able to solve by creating some sort of new or improved product. We were encouraged to pick a topic that we would find related to our interests. Which is why I chose to tackle this topic. And this survey is simply to help me in my research. There is no scam or anything of the sort. And is too selling my product, I don't have any plans presently to even hope that it I could sell it, as it might not even be good enough to put on the market.

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I completed the survey. I hope it helps. Sometimes it is the young students like you who have an active mind, and have NOT yet been polluted by how "everyone expects you to think" --- so I say ignore the people who look down on your youth --- be confident, and complete your project. I think if there was a antibacterial light of some sort, or possible device that you could simply put the mouthpiece end of the horn to and set it for 5 minutes or so to clean and disinfect your horn each night -- then the trumpet would never really get dirty. Of course you would have to have the machine dry the horn out also -- such that fungus, bacteria, and oxidation would not occur in the dark recesses of the inside of the horn. YUP a machine that solves the problems of all the lazy trumpet players who fail to oil the horn, and also fail to clean it and lubricate the slides on a regular basis. (well in my opinion that is)