Brass Quintet/Quartet Christmas Music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by davereit, Jun 6, 2008.

1. davereit

davereit New Friend

May 30, 2008
    Greetings,
    When I was in high school we had a book of relatively easy brass quintet carols containing about 25 numbers in 8.5" x 5.5" booklet size. I can't remember any more about it than that--but would love to find it (or something equivalent) pretty soon so I can put together a holiday brass group.

If you know of some compilations that would do the trick, I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks ahead of time--and remember--only about 190 shopping days till Christmas! ;-)

Dave

2. note360

note360 Piano User

Oct 16, 2006
    In a room in a house
    If you gave me a list of carols I could see what I could do to write some arrangements for you. Would that help?

3. someguy6

someguy6 New Friend

Sep 8, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    You might try the Canadian Brass series. There is at least one book of christmas quintets.

Go to The Canadian Brass Store

-rob

4. RGood

RGood Piano User

Apr 20, 2008
    Deep in the heart of TX
    Try Christmas: The Joy & The Spirit - Sammy Nestico - Kendor Music Inc.

There are 3 different volumes - I'm familiar with Vol. I - the first fanfare is just great. If you are looking for sing along with the brass choir - this probably isn't the book you want. Just great arrangements by Nestico though.

5. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    There is an anthology published by King that sounds like what you are describing. I think the editor was Rassmussen but I am not sure.