Breathe and Squeeze Trumpet Method

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Lionelsax, Nov 2, 2013.

1. rankamateur

rankamateur Mezzo Forte User

May 1, 2013
    Merry Ol' England
    He looks like a sweet old guy who should probably be showing folk how to tie flies rather than torturing his cats with noises worse than they make when they are out on the tiles looking for - how can I put this? - pussy!

Fighting again? The British and the French are always fighting. But that's part of the fun. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, n'est-ce pas?

P.S. We won! :D

2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    And here in weighs the grumpy Yorkie, vibrato is needed to warm through a sound when playing something like Nimrod in a brass band, my view is it needs to be used with caution so as not to distract the audience either musically (try listening to the end of late recordings of Maria Callas murdering Casta Diva from Norma) or visually with so much head wobble (common in older euph players) or looking as though they have a wad of gum in their mouth when they are playing (RA you know of whom I speak)

As for the guy giving advice "That's just wrong"

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
  4. Lionelsax

Lionelsax Mezzo Piano User

May 8, 2013
    Hum, can you tell me what happened to Harold's eye ? And to his brain I guess.
    1066 : the birth of a nation, French learn wild people how to speak French, they weren't successful so Middle English was born, a mixture between French and I don't know... Latin, don't forget Hadrian, and wild languages... Which ones ? I can't remember, no one told me about them, well, they weren't so important.
    So William the Bastard founded England.
    Why such a war between us ? Dieu et mon droit... King Arthur... Yes my friend, Chrétien de Troyes... Is all your culture French ? Yes... But why am I speaking English ? :-?

5. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    French language was born due to some Germans who could not speak properly Latin. Spanish langage was born due to some other Germans who could not speak properly Latin. Thank God, I'm Basque! ROFL ROFL

6. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Dunno. English is just a German dialect ;-)

7. Lionelsax

May 8, 2013
    Do you eat pork or pig, sheep or mutton ?
    1066, my friend, the birth of a nation.
    For Spanish, I really think they were Latins who couldn't speak Arabic properly.
    For French, it's true, we are Germans who speak Latin with a German accent.

8. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    ...so your closest relatives according to recent DNA studies are British ;-)

9. Lionelsax

May 8, 2013
    One day they said they were white with African DNA.
    Great Britten is just an island, since 1066 until the new gerenation of immigrants (in the 20th Century), people don't used to mix, that's why some women were born with three boobies !ROFL
    What I said was terribly French !!!ROFL
    :grouphug:What can we say now against British or French ? About Americans we can say a lot of things... They've got all we used to have...:grouphug:

10. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Wlitig niwe, broðor !