Bride Has Decided

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    If my memory serves me now, I can only recall 3 times I dealt with a wedding planner. Too, I'd estimate I wore a tux at only about 50% of all the weddings I played solos for the ceremony, 2 or 3 in which I wore a choir robe and the rest just grey to black suits. I do have two black tuxes and a white dinner jacket of my own that still fit, even though I had to get new trousers for one.

The truth now is ... I won't be playing at any more weddings.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Then ask them for the payment in advance while the feeling of bliss is still in the air. There will be an exponential fall off after the ceremony and the probability function of payment being received becomes directly proportional to the bliss time-function.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    But NOT a good Postlude if the blissful couple thinks that when you agreed on "Trumpet Voluntary" that you were in fact "volunteering" your time; so get the dough before you blow.

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    It never happened to me, but now that I think about it, "my 10 day final payment could have been delayed into the process of dunning and/or small claims court because the bride and groom spent all their available cash while on their honeymoon. The best was when "daddy" made the final payment before I could get out the church door.

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I have too ... put your money in the jukebox.

6. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Did the rehearsal tonight. Tweaked the music for the length of the walk and the taste of the bride. The wedding is outside at 6PM. Not sure where that idea came from. We will be right outside of the expensive venue that was rented for this event.The biggest challenge is going to be playing well in the cold. I tend to lose a little control of the notes when playing in cooler temps. The bride was more than pleased with tonight's results. Hoping to have as much luck tomorrow. Edited the time.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  7. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Be prepared for the bride to walk twice as fast at the wedding.

8. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Survived the chilly weather. The bride and others are happy. The DJ asked for my card for referrals. Success!

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    And all your worries are over with a gig well done.

10. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Well now, my Gramps, the Major, used to say. "Get your money first. A weddin' is but a funeral where you smell your own flowers".