Bringing up the Artisans again

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by a marching trumpet, May 18, 2010.

1. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    So I know earlier there was talk of the Artisans and some talked of how they had poor response etc. Now since they have been in production for a little while, has any of your view changed? I still haven't played one, but I set my horn down and turned around and some tuba player NEARLY! set his tuba case (with TUBA INSIDE) on top of it being the idiot he is. SO I was thinking since it is insured and if it does up and die one day (god forbid) I decided I'd want to replace it with an artisan. What is the rep on that hornline these days? Are they consistant? I would assume if Bach puts so much emphasis on them as "Artisans" that they would have a more consistant build? In general, what are they like to play on from those of you who have played on them? Or if my horn was ever destroyed should I just go for a Custom Vindabona?

2. crazyandy88

crazyandy88 Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2007
    Fayetteville, AR
    Interesting that you have made a decision to replace your horn (should it bite it) with a horn you have never played and have apparently seen bad reviews on.

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    There are "some" people that say that blue is green too.

If there is one phrase posted more than anything else it is PLAY BEFORE YOU PAY. That prevents all of the IDIOTS from influencing the gullible. It also turns the uninformed into qualified.

If you can't find an opportunity to play first, don't do it. If you do it anyway, don't start whining here. We can't help you if you continue to ignore sound advice.

The best decisions are those involving no comprimise. Now go do the right thing!

4. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I understand that I should play it first (If I can), but if my horn ever bites the dust I want a Bach to replace it. Though, I just asked how they are currently. I mean I only read one post on it ever, and the guy said he hated it, so that's why I asked if guys had played it since its been out for awhile, nothing wrong on other peoples views on how horns play. :-)

5. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    caviat emptor