Brisbane Australia/Sydney Australia

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by G-man-, Dec 19, 2011.

1. G-man-

G-man- New Friend

Nov 26, 2011
    Hello, I am taking a long shot here but... anyone here live in either Brisbane or Sydney that owns a Monette Trumpet?

More than anything I would love to hear/see one of these in person. Anyone available?

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    awesome G-man, you are an AUSSIE -- everyone here will love that aspect of your quest to play a MONETTE.

3. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I think both Vince Jones and Scott Tinkler both played Monettes at one time, dont know if they still do.

Regards, Stuart.

4. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    If they don't any more then the horns should just be lying around their houses somewhere. Do you have their contact details for G-man-?

--bumblebee

5. G-man-

G-man- New Friend

Nov 26, 2011
    No I dont have anybodies contact details nor know anyone other than myself that plays the trumpet here. I was using trumpetmaster in hopes to have found a contact detail to someone that owned/had one. I just have the itch to hear one in person. It would mean very much to me to have that chance. I heard from a guy here that he knew someone that played a Monette at the Brisbane Conservatorium but no idea where he is or details to that guy. So Here I am saying "Does anyone out there that owns this trumpet exist on this forum from this area"...

George-

6. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Sorry, I do not have any contact details, a phone call to the Conservatorium may open some leads. I think a Monette of Scott Tinkler's was for sale in Melbourne a year or so ago.

Regards, Stuart.

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    George, why not contact Dave Monette and see if anyone has offered this service to potential buyers here in Oz. I have a monette mouthpiece, but that as close as I get - I know of no-one with one.

8. ExtraTeeth

ExtraTeeth Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    Perth, Western Australia
    Adam Ferrier of Sydney has one. He plays with a band called Venus.

9. G-man-

G-man- New Friend

Nov 26, 2011
    Where will I find him? Anyone got some sort of number to anyone?

10. Local 357

Local 357 Banned

Jul 1, 2011
    Does Brisbane, CA count?

City of Brisbane

We play there all the time. You can walk down Bayshore to South S/F, take a right up Grand Ave and visit Bronstein Music. They can get you a Monette ROFL.