Bruno Tilz Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by Larry Gianni, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Larry Gianni

Larry Gianni Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Hi all,

Can anyone tell about this line of mouthpieces. I know they are German made but are they distributed in the States. Any comparison charts?

Are they mainly a " symphonic " line or do they also offer pieces that have more "commercial " mouthpiece charasteristics .

Thanks

LG

2. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Sche├člitz, Germany
    I can offer some info, Bruno Tilz mpc's are made in Neustadt Aisch, about 1 hr southwest of my home in Bamberg. The establishment is very small, no website, and as far as I know, only for sale locally (Germany). The mouthpieces fall into 2 basic groups; large, and shallow double cups with VERY wide rims. He also does custom work to your specs, but there is no high-tec aspect to this, results may vary.

3. crazyhorns

crazyhorns New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    NJ/Philly
  4. drKmod

drKmod New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    Okla. City, OK
    Tilz Mpcs

Just a couple of questions. Did I see a rear view mirror? Or maybe it was for watching the embochure? What is the device that looks like it keeps your head from going too far forward or the horn from dipping?
    This looks like a bigger operation than I have seen for mpcs. I wish they would smile more.
    Thanks for the site.