Buckaroo Banzai Trumpet Solo

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bafazane, Apr 8, 2010.

1. bafazane

bafazane New Friend

Apr 8, 2010
    Hi. Total newby here. In fact I don't even have a trumpet yet. But I am getting one soon. I joined the forum for one main thing, to figure out the solo in the movie Buckaroo Banzai, club song #1. Here is a link to the youtube video. YouTube - Buckaroo Banzai Club Scene Song #1 If anybody can tell me anything about this I would appreciate it. I may eventually figure it out by ear(I'm sure all the experts think that is the right of passage), but it is my main inspiration for trumpet and the sooner I make progress on it the more inspired I'll be.

2. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Maybe "Rocket 88" by Ike Turner?

3. bafazane

bafazane New Friend

Apr 8, 2010
    That's awesome. Just checked it out one youtube. Where do I find sheet music on that.

4. Ed Kennedy

Ed Kennedy Forte User

Nov 18, 2006
    Sounds like some blues scale and a few repeated descending chromatics.

I always liked that movie.

5. bafazane

bafazane New Friend

Apr 8, 2010
    Thanks. Just so happens I'm learning descending chromatics on my axe. I all makes sense now. Nice plane by the way. I'm only sim pilot, but I have lots of hours.

6. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    I believe Peter Weller was a huge fan of Miles Davis, so his trumpet solo make reflect something he heard Miles play?

The one person who knows what solo Peter played is Peter Weller.

Why not contact the firm that represents him?

7. bafazane

bafazane New Friend

Apr 8, 2010
    That Rocket 88 covers the sax rhythm, but still need to figure out the trumpet solo.

8. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    bafazane,

Maybe he was improvising something from his mind that had nothing to do with the other parts....it just happened to fit?:thumbsup:

Best wishes,

Lloyd