Buescher info

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by miles28, Nov 11, 2010.

1. miles28

miles28 New Friend

Mar 14, 2009
  2. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Thief ! :-)

3. Silversorcerer

Silversorcerer Forte User

Jun 9, 2010
    Atlanta
    I watched that one but missed the auction timing. Nice price, dude!:thumbsup:

I don't know much about that specific horn, but I have a Buescher mellophone that is absolutely gorgeously built. Buescher was a Conn employee at one time and I think truetone originally was a name given to Buescher saxophones;- then other horn models. That is about all I know. Judging by the quality of the mellophone I have from about the same time, the quality of manufacture is equal or better than similar era Conn horns. I can't say much about the sound of the trumpets but the mellophone has a great tone quality.

Very nice deal and if you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands cheap. ;-)

4. miles28

miles28 New Friend

Mar 14, 2009
    Aaahhh, believe it or not, Insomnia won me the horn. Any other day, I would NOT have been up that early when the auction ended. Sorry dude.

5. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    I never saw it, great catch! :-)

6. ColinWhite

ColinWhite Pianissimo User

Oct 16, 2010
    East Lansing, MI
    I don't know about that horn, it looks older than mine. I play on a 1949 Buescher and love it. They're really undervalued horns. They're really cheap but darn good horns. :-)

7. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    Too early for me to really tell much about it. Just that the mouthpiece it would have came with had a nonstandard shank.

Tom

8. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Didn't Satchmo play a 10-22 on one of his recordings?

9. tinker6700

tinker6700 New Friend

Oct 4, 2009
    so cal
    that looks exactly like mine, case too, except mine is silver. i think my serial number is pretty close to that as well. mine was given to me by a relative when i first started playing in the late 70s. i know very little about it though other than the age (providing the web site i checked the serial number on is accurate).

10. mimic

mimic Pianissimo User

May 3, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Congratulations, great buy. I am not familiar with the Bueschers from that era but I have a '59 Buescher 400. IMHO they are some of the best values in vintage horns. Mine plays very smoky and has great valves. An added bonus is the visual aspect- just plain beartiful.

As a side note---I am fairly certain that Buescher is pronounced Bisher, although whenever I say it most would disagree. Any opinions?