Buffalo Trumpet hang Saturday

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by entrancing1, Mar 21, 2014.

1. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    I have been ill and negligent in keeping you apprised for "hang developments. The hang is scheduled for tomorrow, 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. at the American Legion post at 533 Amherst street. I hope to see some of you there. Master class to be conducted by Kyle Resnick. Ensemble play from 2:30 to 5:00. Bring your horns and mouthpieces. I have a fresh king liberty back from Oberloh to show and tell.

2. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Hope you feel better....

3. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hope it goes/went well.

I would be interetsed in How you make these "Hangs" happen. Is it organised through Music shops, Bands, schools, or just a group of players with a common interest. I see these are not un-common in USA, and seem to be great idea to allow players to try hardware. Fantastic opportunity to share and bring in new blood. I can think the sponsorship would need to be transparent, advertising, food-drinks, parking, and issues around injury liability etc...

Security and care of the instrument would be my concern. Maybe I am over-thinking the logistics. so would love to hear how you make these events happen.

In any case, good luck for the day.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I went into the old archives and am just reading this post for the first time. Peter, another member living in Daytion (Leo Holihan) and I connected with a major distributor of Yamaha horns in Dayton Ohio, and he contacted his Yamaha service representative. With this team work, were were able to score a Hang session where Yamaha brought in their own performer to play a series of concerts and run a Master class... some guy named Vazzutti or Vazzittee or Vulconzi or something like that. It was a fabulous time, and so what if we had to give Yamaha a huge Table all to themselves for trumpet displays.

5. Djmennis

Djmennis New Friend

Sep 25, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Another in Cincinnati would be neat, only heard about 1st one after I found this site. Is it a casual thing, can anybody hoast, sponsorship needed??? These things sound great

6. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    You can make it anything you want.

Tom

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I went to the Cincinnati Hang last year. Was a great time with some great horns and people. Maybe Blaine will have it this year. Blaine, you out there man, Blaine.